But this week, for reasons unknown, I actually have something that almost slightly resembles a plan!
I failed to take a picture, and I didn't even make it (Mom did, and I went over and nommed all of her food like a big mooch.) But beef stew is something I make on the regular, especially in the winter, because it's delicious and it's super easy. So if you're looking for a dinner that requires approximately 5 minutes of effort, here you go.
- 2 lbs. stew beef
- 5 cups fresh veggies
- To me, this usually means a pack of baby carrots, an onion, 2 packs of fresh mushrooms and 2 potatoes. Maybe more than 5 cups.
- 1 pkg. McCormick slow cooker beef stew seasoning
- 1 can Campbell's golden mushroom soup.
- I know that the McCormick recipe doesn't call for this - but DO NOT SKIP IT. It makes your beef stew, for reals.
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can plain tomato sauce
- 2 small cans Ro-Tel
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix
- 2 cans white corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 can water