Monday, November 16, 2009

So it's the last week of class, and I just cannot handle it anymore. I am bored of law school, bored of all my little internet distractions, CERTAINLY bored of paying attention. I struggled through criminal procedure this morning, and then I was a big giant suck and decided to go to the fancypants Target we have over here for one reason, and one reason only. I couldn't bear the thought of sitting here and studying from 10:30-2:00 (this ridiculously long break I have), and I have already been through all my traditional interwebz distractions (textsfromlastnight, icanhascheezburger, failblog, google reader). I decided what better way to burn a few hours than watching trashy tv on hulu? So yes, I drove all the way to Target between classes to buy headphones so I could watch tv at the law school instead of doing homework.

Oh, and then, while I was in the throes of a total lapse of willpower, I went by the entirely-too-convenient Pizza Hut Express inside Target (which should be illegal) and got the cheesiest, greasiest personal pan pizza in the universe. And now I am watching last night's Desperate Housewives while I have my greasy little paws all over my computer. This does not bode well for my work ethic during finals. Have I mentioned that you shouldn't go to law school? Well, here's the mention: don't go to law school. I won't go into a big long whinefest about how terrible it is, how the reading never ends, how it seems like you work your tail off and you get nothing in return except a big load of debt and perhaps the first stepping stones on the path to alcoholism, but you know. Wait, I think that was a big long whinefest. Oh well.

On a random, and totally unrelated note, I'm sitting here in the law school lounge listening to my iTunes and am ashamed because I've never really paid attention to my play count statistics before. Holy crap, I listened to "LoveGame" 191 times? Really? How much of my life have I spent listening to Ricky Martin's "Drop It On Me"? Well considering it's like 4 minutes long and I've listened to it 197 times, that amounts to almost 13 HOURS. 13 hours of my life listening to one (pretty terrible, I'll say) Ricky Martin song. In my defense, it IS on my workout playlist, which is just about the only time I listen to my iPod, and that damn Ricky does make me want to get up and boogy, so perhaps there is some justification. Or maybe not, that's ok, you can still reserve the right to judge me for that.

No comments: