Thursday, January 8, 2015

31 weeks...holy crap! How is this happening so fast?


 
30 weeks + 6 days

31 weeks + 1 day

What Fruit are you? We were a cucumber last week and a pineapple this week.  How she went from a skinny cucumber to a pineapple I will never know, but there you have it. The infinite wisdom at The Bump tells me she is 15.2-16.7 inches long and weighs between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds at this point.
Due date:  March 10, 2015 - technically my ultrasound dates it at March 11 but I keep the March 10 date.
How far along: 31 weeks + 2 days
Gender:  Still a girl!
Total weight gain/loss:  Up to 166 at the doctor's office.  Lost 2 pounds at my last appointment and gained them back at the one I went to yesterday.Stretch marks: Knock on wood, but nothing yet.  Still don't have the black line down the belly this time either.  It staying that way is probably too much to ask for at this point.
Swelling: Nothing significant.Maternity clothes: It's FREEZING here and we had a 2 hour delay at school today because it was so cold.  I'm getting real tired of all my maternity clothes at this point but I refuse to buy anything else because we only have 9 weeks or less to go.  Also, who do they make maternity clothes for? Clearly not pregnant women, because my belly hangs out the bottom of so many of my shirts now.Belly button: Ira loves to poke at it because it's so far out...he loves the "baby button."Sleep: Pretty good lately - Ira gave me several GLORIOUS mornings of sleeping past 8 over break as well as today so that's been great.Food cravings:  I have really been wanting pizza lately!Symptoms:  Slight heartburn but I haven't even taken Zantac this time.  I swear her foot got caught on my ribs the other night as I was repositioning myself on the couch, which was an odd feeling.  Other than that, nothing major at all.  Just can't see anything at all below my belly.Movement: She is really active at night, not nearly so much during the day, which probably means I need to start praying that she will ever sleep at night once she is born.  She does give me some big flips and rolls during one period in the afternoon but otherwise she's extremely quiet during the day.  What I miss:  Being able to reach my toes in order to paint them.What I’m loving:  Not having to be at work this morning until 10:30 and hoping to have another day of the same tomorrow.  I can do this 10:30-4 schedule!What I’m looking forward to: Honestly? Maternity leave and meeting this little girl.  I still love being pregnant so I don't want to wish it away but it's different this time because I already have Ira at home and I know what it's like to be home with a baby.  I am ready to do that again!Big bro pic of the week: 
Ira at the park over Christmas break - you know it's cold when Ira actually agrees to wear a hat, because that usually ain't happening!

My child covered in chocolate pudding pouch, surrounded by empty fruit snack wrappers, talking on the spaghetti box phone in Walmart.  Whatever it takes.

We will count Peggy as the big sister of the week...I set up the swing this week because I want the new and shiny to wear off of it before we actually have to use it with a real baby and Ira turns it into a carnival ride for her.  Peggy has sniffed it thoroughly and now she guards it like a baby will appear there at any moment.

No comments: