Friday, April 2, 2010

how to tell it's Friday

Here's how:

I open my giant bag at 9am to start out my day with constitutional law class, and lo and behold, there is a big bottle of wine in the bottom of it! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we tell it's Friday. I would like to tell you that I did this because I'll be pouring it in my travel mug and having moscato (yes, I only drink cheapie sweet wine) during class all day, but alas, I am not that cool. Junk was in my car yesterday - again, not because I am cool, but because it had escaped from a grocery bag or some such and I thought tossing it in my school bag would be a good way to get it into the house. Clearly though, I am not responsible enough to actually get it in the wine rack and thus, I have wine at school. A+ to me.

Last weekend, we went to DC for Lia's birthday! Turns out it also happened to be peak cherry blossom weekend, which was so pretty I nearly died.
I just heart this picture due to the miles of cherry blossoms behind us.

This weekend? It's lake weekend, y'all. Down here in the South (a word I usually capitalize), it is supposed to be EIGHTY flipping EIGHT degrees today and eighty-six tomorrow. This means my hind parts will be planted firmly on the dock, beer in hand.

Thank goodness that los padres have a lake house and don't mind me mooching off of it all the time. For now though, we'll see if I can resist cracking open the wine during professional responsibility, fight traffic home, and then start the weekend. Adios, chickies.

No comments: