Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happenings

Well, here we go with my seemingly once-monthly update.  You got it - the quick and dirty with what's been going on around these here parts.

First of all, it's Christmas!  And one of the super fun things that I love about teaching is how seriously we all take Christmas.  We decided to wear crazy Christmas sweaters on the last day of school before break.  All the kiddos thought we were insane, which is always fun.  The two black sweaters are from the Nana, who has bins and bins of these things around the house.


If you can't tell, the headband I'm wearing is a glittery snowman, procured from the hospital gift shop by my mom.  It's not too much, is it?


It was also my grandma's 90th birthday, so we had a party for her in her church fellowship hall.  Here's us with the whole fam! She had such a good time, it was too sweet.  I hope I'm in as good shape as she is if I make it to 90!


And now on to Christmas itself.  PB and I did a little Black Friday shopping and decided we needed a new washer and dryer.  We are working on a little rental house, which needs a washer and dryer, so we decided that if we were going to spend money on a washer and dryer, we'd get new ones for ourselves and take our older ones to the rental house.

So Santa's delivery boys brought us some new appliances!


You know, it turns out that they don't make me like doing laundry any more than I used to, though.  If only the dryer would also fold and put away my clothes.  Sigh.  One day I'll invent that and make a million dollars.

We started off Christmas morning at my parents' house, as we always do, with ham and sausage biscuits, powdered sugar donuts (I could eat a million), and fruit salad.  

Mom got an iPad for Christmas, which we all had fun playing with, and I took this video of Nana playing Fruit Ninja.  It's her first time ever playing with an iPad (or really any touch screen device) and her first time even hearing of Fruit Ninja.  She is rocking it OUT!


We went over to PB's grandmother's house for lunch after that, like I needed more food.  Here's us at her house, waiting to feed our faces for the billionth time!




Here's my tree on Christmas morning - I hope you and yours had a lovely, lovely holiday!  






No comments: