Monday, November 12, 2012

23 weeks!

Technically 22 weeks, 4 days, at the Hospice Benefit at the Hotel Concord

Hospice Benefit again...this is where we had our wedding reception!  Can't believe it's been over a year since then, and I can't believe how much has changed! 

23 weeks, 2 days...made PB take a picture of me before I left for work in my "Charlie Brown" shirt.

23 weeks, 4 days - yesterday at our Christmas mini session with the weenies! 

Marination Time: 23 weeks, 4 days.  Still can't believe how the weeks keep ticking by.  I think I told people all week that I was 22 weeks still, because I just wasn't mentally ready for 23 weeks.  Crazy!

Musings on the Weekly Photo(s): Holy pasty skin, Batman.  Oh well, I guess fall is officially here.  Also, wow, why did I decide to wear a cardigan to the Christmas pictures?  The way it falls behind my back makes me look like a giant manatee.  I do like the pictures though!

This Week's Produce Item:
23 weeks means baby is the size of a grapefruit.  

Realistic baby-measuring item of the week: 
Apparently The Bump's dad-to-be team got lazy and decided to call one item "good enough" for weeks 22 to 24.  So, that means we're at the size of a baseball mitt again.  But um, in what universe are a baseball mitt and a grapefruit equivalents?  Confusing.

Boy or girl: Why do I keep feeling like I have to be a slave to all these questions and continue to answer this one? It's still a boy.  Just like we have all known for six weeks.  Goodness gracious.  For the last time - boy!

Currently Craving: Still have a major sweet tooth....aaaaaand it doesn't help that Mom bought me a whole box of Christmas tree cakes.  Oh, AND a whole box of honey buns.  Or that I have half a box of toaster strudel in the freezer.  Or that I was up at 2am for no good reason last night and ate one.  I have also been majorly wanting sushi this week.  I had some from Harris Teeter before our photo shoot because it was the only place I could find to get sushi at 10:45am, but the itch has officially not been scratched.  PB and I also went to eat Indian food because I was craving it last night, which was super delicious.

Currently Avoiding: Um, let's see. Anything healthful, apparently?

Weight: PB is doing all this annoying Cross Fit mess and as a result wants to weigh himself like twice a day, which in turn has caused the battery on my scale to die.  So, right now I have no idea how much I weigh and I don't wanna know.  It is what it is at this point.  Thank god for pants with an elastic waist.

Symptoms: Taking Tums like it's my job.  My back and hips have been keeping me up at night and driving me crazy during the day.  Sometimes when I get up from a chair or twist funny, I get shooting pain down my lower back, into my butt.  Sometimes it makes me want to swear in front of the kids - so far, I've held back.  I ordered a super cool maternity brace that probably makes me look like I should also be wearing headgear and a fanny pack.  It makes me feel so much better though - I'm definitely going to be wearing it when I am back at work on Tuesday and on my feet all day.  Also my wedding bands often don't fit in the morning, which is annoying - so I bought a Diamonique set from those fine folks at QVC to keep me from having panic attacks when I can't get it on and imagine that I've lost my wedding set.  Also so I don't look like I should be on 16 and Pregnant, I suppose.  I don't need any more judgy people with their judgy eyes.

Belly Button Status: I didn't think it could be more out...and then it poked out further.  My current annoyance is that people want to poke it like I am the flipping Pilsbury doughboy.  OMG people.  I am ticklish and also, it kind of hurts when you poke me.  Cut it out before I poke you in the eye.  

Sleep Grade: Varies from a B to a C+.  Again, thank goodness for the pregnancy pillow. (Even though last night it also included two very squirmy wiener dogs.)

Movement: I usually feel him a good bit during the day, and his kicks are starting to be higher, like near my belly button instead of below it.  He tends to kick if I lean over (I guess he gets annoyed that I'm squishing him) or after I go on a big fatty binge and eat a lot.  I also feel him at night when I go to bed.

Appointments: Not til the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

Highlights of the Week: This afternoon, I went with my mom and some family friends up the street to this really spooky-looking old, historic home for a Christmas light workshop.  The guy who lives there makes these orbs out of chicken wire and Christmas lights and hangs them from the big trees in his yard.  We made a bunch for my parents' yard, I can't wait to put them up (hopefully) tomorrow!

We have a day off from work tomorrow for Veterans' Day and I cannot describe how excited I am about an extra day of sleeping in, with absolutely no plans besides cleaning the house.  I wanted to decorate for Christmas but that might have to wait since PB didn't drag the Christmas tree down from the attic for me.  

Last night, PB and I went for a date night to Spice 9, because I had a restaurant.com gift card and I had never tried it.  It's an Indian place and it was delicious - it had been forever since I'd had Indian food.  Afterward, we went to see Flight (the new movie with Denzel Washington) and loved it. There were times during the movie where I just wanted to scream at him to get his mess together and then he'd just keep screwing up and we'd keep cringing - but overall, it was a really well-written, well-acted movie with a little bit of action, a little bit of drama, and a little bit of humor.

Welp, that's all for the week, folks!  See you at 24 weeks!





No comments: