Wednesday, August 8, 2012

10 weeks!


Thoughts on the Weekly Photo: Well first, sorry that you have to see my naked belly. But in the interest of documentation, there it is.  And I am starting to think there might just be a little tiny bit more roundness than there was, and you couldn't tell at all when my sort-of baggy Target t-shirt was in front of it.

Marination Time: 10 weeks - though technically this is 10 weeks, 2 days, because weeks change on Mondays for our purposes.

Weight Gain: Back up to pre-pregnancy weight. It's just sort of a yo-yo effect these days depending on how much I feed my face vs. how many miles I manage to run.

Clothes: Based on my awful $10 stretchy capri pants, you might think Oh poor Meredith's clothes must already not be fitting! She is relegated to the horror that is Wal-Mart capri pants! You would be wrong. All pants still fit. I have no justification for the pants. It's couch time, that's all I can say.

Fruit of the Week: This week, it's the size of a prune.  This was accompanied by a quite ugly picture on thebump.com.  I'm ready to change to a cuter fruit next week!
Name: Ira? Frances? Time will tell...

Moving: Again, The Bump says the prune can move, but I can't feel anything yet.

Sleep: Not awesome. I tend to wake up and then not be able to go back to sleep for hours.  Hopefully some of that mess will resolve when I go back to work and have to stick to a real schedule and do something besides sit on the couch all day.

Cravings: I've been tearing up some peaches we bought on the way back home from a little beach weekend I took with my mom and grandma. Also, I ate a whole loaf of sourdough bread from this little place in Locust, NC called The Fresh House.  Oh my word, you have never ever had bread like this, I promise.  It's like a cloud.  And now I have no more, and it's all I can think about.

Annoyances: I feel bad even putting anything here because I feel like most folks are super sick at this point, but I have zero feelings like that.  In fact, most of the time I feel like I could run a marathon.  But if I had to pick something, I guess it's that I still have a huge aversion to most meat.  I don't want to smell it, I don't want to see it, and I sure don't want to eat it, yuck yuck yuck.  This is difficult when you live with a man who eats two hot dogs for breakfast and two more for lunch if he's at home.  I feel like my kitchen perpetually smells like hot dogs and I cannot stand the smell of hot dogs.  I may never eat another one.  

Highlights of the Week: I'm getting together with some of my teaching friends both tomorrow and Friday.  We're going to see a sweet new baby tomorrow, and then to hang out with another of my friends and her adorable baby and three year old on Friday.  Beats sitting on the couch and watching dressage and water polo all day!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like pure muscle to me! :) are you sure there's a baby in there? Haha. ~Karsyn