Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

Can't believe I've missed ToT for a few weeks.  It's one of my favorite weekly features, and I'm excited to be back in the link-up!  As always, thanks to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting, and to Krys at Eat This Soup for coming up with these week's questions.  


1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
I'm sure you've heard me sing its praises before.  I have an iPhone and it just changed my freakin' life.  Love it, can't ever see myself with another phone.

2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?

I think I was in eighth grade.  I know, that's young, but I really didn't talk on it except to call for a ride home after school or practice or if I went to a middle school football game or something else ultra cool like that.

3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?

Okay let's see...there was the Nokia with the interchangeable face plates and the awesome Snake game, the Nextel flip phone (oh dear god, 2 way), 2 more of those dreaded things, then the Razr 2, then the Sprint Instinct (which was supposed to be like an iPhone, ha!) - then the iPhone, finally at last.  So that makes 8 or so?

4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?

PB pays it, so I really have no idea.  But we have a family plan and I know it's not that much.  Probably less than $60 per person?

5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?

Oh man, not only did I have a phone, I had my OWN land line.  And my own answering machine.  And my own listing in the phone book.  Have I mentioned how ultra cool I was?  Bahahaha.

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?

For all the phones I've had, I really do hate talking on the phone now.  I like the iPhone for all of its other wonderful features, but really not so much for the phone part.  I'd much rather send a text, an email, or a Facebook message.  

7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?

I do text a lot.  Probably too much.  But see my above aversion to phone conversations.  And it recently has become illegal here in NC (as of maybe last year), but that law is next to impossible to enforce.  I mean seriously, you really can't prove it.  So.  I'm not admitting guilt.  But I'm saying if I did, it'd be nearly impossible to prove.

8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?

It's a touch screen.  It took some getting used to because the touch screen I had before worked differently and you could tap it with your nails.  The iPhone screen doesn't work like that, you have to physically touch it with your fingertips.  But I love it!

9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?

It was my grandmother - she was calling to tell me she picked up some bird seed for my greedy little backyard birds.  Isn't that sweet?  My mom or PB probably call me the most.  They're both in-the-car phone talkers, so they'll call me if they're driving somewhere.

10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?

When I was in middle school and high school, I used to talk to everyone on the phone for HOURS.  Maybe it's why I don't like the phone now.  I've had some pretty long conversations with PB on the phone, especially when I was living away.  But I don't think I've had over maybe a 15 or 20 minute phone conversation, max, since I moved back home.


Go link up over at Roots and Rings and play along!

No comments: