Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

....because my brain just can't handle anything more inventive today.  And we all love ToT, right?  This week’s questions are provided by Lisa at Lisa’s Yarns. And as usual, thanks to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting!


1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t'?
Definitely rhymes with "can't."  Actually, it really irks me when people say it the other way.
2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
I started out as anonymous-ish and then I determined it was much easier to get myself out there and be interesting if I could talk about what was actually going on in my life, so I dropped the anonymous thing pretty quickly.  Most people I'm close to know that I blog, but the link isn't on my Facebook page for the billion people I went to high school with and whatnot - maybe one of these days, that'll change.
3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
I suck at bagging groceries, so I much prefer that they do it.  Especially if I get a good bagger.  You know, the one who will put all of your freezer stuff together, all your canned goods together, all of your fridge stuff together.  Don't be putting my Campbell's in with the ice cream.  And I try to use reusable bags, but it maybe happens 50% of the time, because I don't always remember to keep them in my car and oftentimes, my grocery trips are pretty spontaneous.  But I re-use the plastic ones as kitty litter bags, so I do like to keep a few on hand.
4. Do you have a green thumb?
I love plants, but I definitely wouldn't say I have a green thumb.  I can grow your basic herbs, tomatoes, and easy flowers without killing them, but I'm not yet one of those old ladies who's good at making cuttings and separating bulbs and transplanting things and whatnot.  I'm sure that's probably coming though.  As we all know that I am 80 years old.
5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
Love me some Paula Deen.  If I'm making a Food Network recipe, you can bet it's some kind of Paula dish for a get-together.  Can't go wrong with butter.
6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
I used to, back when I was a kid and bathtime was super fun playtime, and we had a huge garden tub.  I've taken a bath in my house maybe twice in the two years I've lived here.  I usually only want to if I'm really sore, to soak out the soreness (not to get clean, because I don't think baths work for that.)  But now that we have the hot tub, I mainly use that instead of a bath for that purpose.
7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
Well, all of the wall space is covered by tile and cabinets.  So black and white tile and white cabinets?
8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
I love to eat outside, especially on my porch.  PB and I grilled out and then ate out there while a storm started the other night, it was fantastical.
9. Describe your ideal weather.
80 degrees and sunny.  Could be that way all year.  
10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
Hmm.  I think Italian is beautiful, but I'd probably never use it.  Except if I ever have time to learn to speak Italian fluently, it probably means I've won the lottery and won't have to work, in which case I'll take my summers in Italy, eating pasta and drinking wine.  In which case it would in fact be useful.  So if that situation ever arises, I'll order the Rosetta Stone Italian.

No comments: