Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Goodbye February, Hello March!

At the end of the month, Nora over at Walking with Nora always posts a list of things she doesn't want to forget about that month. February was a pretty darn good month for me. I'm happy for spring, but I hope the next few months go as well as February has!


Sitting in Three Monkeys with J, talking about everything you could imagine for hours, on a Sunday night, just because. * Sitting in front of a fireplace in the mountains with a glass of wine and a bowl of hot vegetable soup. * Being out at Longhorn with PB on our first real dinner date in months, ordering a giant Texas Tonion and eating the whole thing ourselves just because we could. * Spending a whole afternoon listening to Pandora, folding laundry and spring cleaning with every window in the house flung wide open and all of the fans on, relishing 80 degrees in February. * Walking 5 and a quarter miles with Mom and Peggy Sue, and feeling wonderfully drained afterward. * Being a greeter at church, meeting so many sweet people from our church that I haven't gotten a chance to speak to yet. * Going shopping for bridesmaid dresses with J and Mom, and finding some awesome shoes for both me AND my girls. * Taking Peggy Sue to the lake for the first time, and letting her run around and explore while I sat in the sunshine. * Cooking out with my family, enjoying the screened porch while we waited on chicken and vegetables to grill. *

* Feeling more secure, more hopeful about the future, and hearing more good news than I've heard in a long time. *


3 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Sounds like a pretty delightful month! I seriously want to open my windows, put on some music, and clean my house today . . . but unfortunately I gotta go to work now. Perhaps soon!

Nora said...

The last line? My favorite. It's so lovely to find things to love about the past month, isn't it?

Meredith said...

@Claire - You should do it! Really makes you feel like spring is finally here.

@Nora - Hope you don't mind that I did this - I just adored the idea!