Saturday, October 15, 2011

Here we go...Honeymoon Parte Dos!

Moving on to the second day, which was one of my favorites - we spent the day at Epcot again, doing all of my favorites.  Soarin', which seriously makes you feel like you are hang gliding over California is perhaps my absolute favorite ride at Disney.  PB liked the tour through the hydroponic greenhouses where they grow a lot of food for Disney in very weird ways, like Mickey pumpkins!  And tomato trees!


Because there were Extra Magic Hours at MGM (I still call it that, I don't care if Disney wants to call it Hollywood Studios) - we headed over there and ate at one of my most favorite places on property, the 50's Prime Time Cafe.  It's designed to look exactly like a 50's living room and it really does.  It reminds me of being at my great grandmother's house.


Here's the bar - if you order a drink, your server will "go get the keys to Dad's liquor cabinet" to get it for you.  One guy at a table next to us had had two or three beers and when he asked if he could get another, the server said, "Well, yes, but I don't want to hear about it when you can't sleep tonight!"


Here's me and PB in the waiting area.  There are TV's everywhere that play 50's TV clips, and the vintage decor just rocks.


Here's me at our table!


Here's a creeper picture of our server that I took.  All the serves are your "aunts" or "uncles" or your "older brother" or "older sister" if they're younger.  Our server was Uncle Dale and he was hilarious.  We were cracking up the whole time!  He'd have kids set the table, remind people that Mom gets mad if your elbows are on the table, and he had everyone give PB a round of applause for finishing every bit of his meatloaf/fried chicken sampler platter.


We moved on to riding all of the fun rides at MGM after we were once again so stuffed we could barely walk.  The only time PB has been to Disney World is when our 8th grade class went, and he remembered just loving the Tower of Terror last time he went.  Personally, I wish I liked the ToT better, because the building and the theming of the ride to look like a 1920's Hollywood hotel are just perfect.  But I hate it.  If you've never been to WDW or never ridden the ToT, you basically get in this elevator shaft, put on a seat belt, and hold onto your hat.  There's really nothing for you to hold onto, and the elevator shaft goes up to the top of the building (13 stories) and opens the doors so you look out over the entire park.  Sounds nice so far, right?  Then it slams you back down to the bottom while they take a picture of your horrified face.  Then, if you thought you were done, you're sadly mistaken, because they're going to do the same thing at least three more times.  And if you decide to ride again, thinking you now know what's coming and are prepared, you will be wrong, because the drop sequence will be different every time you ride it.  

PB grabbed some little girl's hand next to him when we started dropping, I'm sure she thought he was a perv.  When we got off, he said, "I don't care if that thing burns down.  I ain't riding it again.  The only thing holding my big butt down was that seatbelt and my butt wasn't on the seat and my feet weren't on the floor.  I don't like it."

So we decided to have some nice, quiet, sitting time and we headed over to watch Fantasmic, a fireworks and water show in the big arena at MGM.


Pretty neat, huh?  Except we were both once again zombies after that.  We squeezed through the Rock'n'Roller coaster, and headed over to Streets of America to watch the 3-D Muppet Movie.  


I am nearly dead here, but you have to take a picture in front of the cardboard buildings that look like New York.

Here's PB looking gangsta in his Muppetvision glasses.


Here's me looking awesome as well.  I knew it was time to catch the boat back when PB fell asleep with his 3-D glasses on his face. MGM was open until 1am, but we called it a night at 11:30 like the old married people that we now are.

The next day, we hit the Magic Kingdom again.  We had so much fun goofing around and riding things.  


Here we are on the jungle cruise, a fun little boat ride.


I told PB he wouldn't really have been to Disney World if he didn't ride It's a Small World, and since he had never ridden it, we did it.


I think the song was in our head for the rest of the week.



And here's the proof he has now officially been to Disney World.


If you ever go to Disney World, you must get one of my favorite things - a Dole float.  Pineapple juice with pineapple soft serve ice cream.  Oh so delicious.


I'm not normally a big fan of the parade because I've seen them and they normally provide a great time to go hit rides without waiting because everyone else is at the parade.  PB had never seen it though, so we decided to hang out on Main Street USA and wait for it to start.  There were two cast members walking around with a jump rope who found out we were newlyweds and decided we needed to have a jump rope competition.  I'm sad to say, PB beat me.


But as you can see, I put in a valiant effort.

That night, we went over to Downtown Disney to have dinner at an Irish pub, Raglan Road.  It was some of the best food I think I have ever, ever had.  There was also an Irish band playing the whole time and they were phenomenal.


I had the seafood chowder, which tasted like butter and fresh seafood and was perfection.  See that handrail behind me?  That's where the Irish dancer would get up and perform during certain songs, on her own little platform!  So cool.


I had bread pudding with little containers of whipped cream and caramel for dessert.  It was so divine.


PB had the berry trifle, which was definitely the best dessert, even better than my delicious bread pudding.


I just need you to see this lady's awesome hair in the background.  Also, PB would like to highly recommend the lamb if you ever go to Raglan Road.


See, I promised you an Irish dancer and here she is!

The plan was to go out to a few different bars in Downtown Disney, but the overarching theme of our honeymoon, besides being a lot of fun, is that we were generally SO TIRED.  We decided to go back to the hotel instead, and I nearly fell asleep on the bus.  All in all, another fantastical two days at Disney.



No comments: