Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My first ToT in a month of Sundays!

1. You’re packing for a week long vacation, do you pack ahead of time or wait until the last possible minute to pack?


Oh, absolutely wait until the last possible minute.  And then forget things like underwear, my toothbrush, my phone charger, and other inescapably necessary items.  Never fails.


2. Are you a light or heavy packer?


Heavy.  Definitely packed a 54 pound bag for Disney World.  But part of it is that I don't plan, and part of it is that I just never know what I'm going to be in the mood for or what I'm going to need.  You don't want to be the girl in jeans and a hoodie when everybody else looks like they're going to a club, but then you don't want to be the girl watching TV or sitting by the campfire in her cocktail dress.

3. What are your favorite road trip snacks?



My grandma used to pack a peach basket FULL of stuff every time we'd go on any trip over an hour, and I still do that.  Fig Newtons, Lance crackers, and Pringles usually make the list.

4. Do you take any reading material along?



The Kindle!  Never leave home without it.

5. Do you prefer to drive or fly to your vacation destination?



Depends on how far - anything over 4 hours and I most DEFINITELY want to fly.  I get so antsy in the car and then I'm all tired and cranky and don't want to do anything fun when we finally get there if it's too long.

6. What is your favorite time of the year to take your vacation?



Oh, definitely summertime - nothing better than a summer beach trip.

7. Where is your favorite place to vacation?



Hmmm.  Again, I'd probably have to say the beach.  It doesn't have to cost all that much money, it doesn't require a lot of planning, and it's always a whole lot of fun.

8. You are vacationing in the mountains, what is your favorite thing to do while there?



Build a fire, watch movies, get in the hot tub, slide down a snowy hill and try not to die.  Okay, that was a few things.  But all those are awesome.

9. You are at the beach for your vacation,  do you like to take it easy on the beach or play all day in the water?



Ehh depends on the day - I usually take both in shifts.  It's too darn hot to lay on the beach ALL day without a break to get in the water.

10. While your on vacation do you prefer to eat out every night or cook some of your own meals?



It really just depends on where we are and where we're staying.  If we're at a beach or mountain house, I only like to have maybe one meal out and then cook everything else.  Especially in the mountains - at the beach, I'm more tempted to go out for some delicious fried seafood a couple of times in the week.


As always, muchas gracias to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting, and this week's questions come from Lindsey at The Rowland Family!

No comments: