Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloweenie!

Happy November!  I can't believe how fast fall is FLYING by.  Seriously, Halloween snuck up on me and I was totally unprepared, and it's going to be Christmas in about five seconds.

How unprepared for My Most Favorite Holiday of the Year was I, you ask?


Well, you know my parents always have a huge crowd of trick-or-treaters, basically a whole mob of people.  The landscaping folk rope off all the yards on the street.  And we decided about 3 hours before trick-or-treat time that we were in fact going to hand out candy.  So I was sitting on the porch with my measly little bucket of candy, waiting for my mom to get back with a more appropriate amount of candy, and this is the scene I faced.


Which prompted me to be on the phone with Mom, yelling, "I NEED BACKUP."  Ohmygoodness.

It turned out to be a fun, if tiring, little evening though.  



Our neighbors really did a great job of decorating, as usual, a department that I completely slacked in this year.  They were outside with a chainsaw (chain removed), chasing children, and basically scaring the living bejeezus out of everyone.

They do have a really stinkin' cute grandkid:


And these little guys were my favorites of the whole night:


GNOMES!!  

Too precious.

Here's hoping you had a fantastical, wonderful, amazing Halloween!





No comments: