Wednesday, November 17, 2010

one day, I will actually do the ten on TUESDAY. but wednesday's close enough, right?

Ten on Tuesday (read: Wednesday, because that's how I roll)...again from Walking with Nora!

1. What is your favorite breakfast pastry?
I am not a big fancypants. I love nothing more than the Pilsbury cinnamon rolls in the tube with the icing in the plastic packet. I can literally eat the whole giant tube. I've seen me do it.

2. Were you ever in a Thanksgiving or Christmas play?
I went to crazypants First Assembly as a kid, so we never did the cute, traditional Christmas plays. It was one of those churches in which we have to use powerpoint in every sermon, and had a praise band, and dancing in the aisles and such. Our Christmas plays were always some sort of musical Focus on the Family, contemporary, "edgy" thing. I do remember being an angel one year though, in which my mom had to make me a costume, which consisted of gluing gold garland from Wal-Mart onto the bottom of a white nightgown and making some cardboard wings with more of said garland. And tying some around my head, hippie-headband style. It was quality.

3. What is your favorite clothing accessory?
Have to agree with Nora and say scarves. I've made a few lately that are very warm and snuggly, and lately I've been a big fan of the pashmina scarf. Ever since I bought one in DC on my trip to visit Lia, I've been on a rampage. Including when I bought 2 for $6 at WALGREENS the other day. That's when you know you have a problem. But there's no easier way to dress up jeans and a long-sleeved tee and make it look like you tried.

4. What is your favorite item of clothing?
My slouchy gray boots. I love love love them lately. Really, boots of any kind.

5. What is your favorite color and why?
I am still a huge fan of pink. Stuck back in the days of Lisa Frank notebooks and erasers. It's sad, I know. But I can't give up the hot pink.

6. What is your favorite type of Christmas cookie?
Now I love to bake, but generally, I don't make cookies. They're a pain in the butt unless you buy the refrigerated dough. And I have no idea why you wouldn't buy the refrigerated dough. Cookies from scratch = just not worth it. That said, however, I am a huge fan of the refrigerated gingerbread dough for Christmas cookies. Not only is it delicious, I think I am just a big creeper and I like to make gingerbread men and then eat them limb by limb. Delicious.

7. What is your favorite scent (food, perfume/lotion)?
Food= pumpkin pie/anything pumpkin in the oven, really. Nothing makes the house smell better.
Perfume= I rarely remember to wear it, but I got the Burberry perfume for Christmas and I love it! It's a nice, clean smell. I hate musky or really flowery perfume.

8. What is your favorite household cleaner?
Y'all, I was in Wal-Mart the other day and almost did a cartwheel in the cleaning aisle because they had a whole giant display full of goodness from Mrs. Meyers. If you've never bought any Mrs. Meyers, you definitely should. It's all-natural, and doesn't make me feel like I'm burning out my lungs when I use it, and it all smells delicious. My favorite two scents are the lavender and the basil. I even have basil fabric softener. Amazing.

9. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? And what did you actually grow up to be?
People used to say, "What do you want to do when you grow up?" and my response would always be, "I want to fly." They would inevitably ask, "Oh, like a pilot?" and I'd reply, "No, like a bird." And I was pretty serious. But I also used to want to be a doctor. Like pretty much up until the end of high school. Then I figured out I sucked at chemistry, so here I am in law school.

10. What is the last song or album you bought?
I went with my sister to a concert for her birthday, and I am tragically not cool and had never heard of the band we were going to see, needtobreathe. So I bought the album, thinking I'd listen to some of it before we went, and I ended up loving the concert and buying their second album afterward. It's awesome - lots of piano, a little banjo, and the lead singer's voice reminds me of the lead singer from Counting Crows.

No comments: