Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shockingly doing Ten on Tuesday ON TUESDAY

1. Where are you from? Have you lived there your whole life?

I'm from a little town near Charlotte, NC. And yes, I've always lived here, I'll probably die here, and y'all can all judge me and talk about how un-worldly I am. I'm ok with that. I love it here, and it's home. I've lived in Chapel Hill for college, and did a year of law school in Columbia, SC. It's easier to go back to Chapel Hill and get all nostalgic about it now that I'm removed from living there a little bit. But when I was there, I always had the distinct feeling that it wasn't home and that I just sort of had to be there because of college. I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of people did, though I love to go back now. Columbia? Columbia is a terrible place, in my opinion. I know there are

people who love it, but I found it a dangerous, hot, ugly place full of giant roaches. I'll take my town - I've never been as happy as I am now, living on my own, in my town.

2. How would you classify your clothing style?
Homeless chic. Just kidding. Though I was Food Lion yesterday in a ball cap, t-shirt and UNC sweatshirt because I didn't feel like putting on a bra. Most of the time, I don't wear it if it doesn't come from Target or Old Navy. Maybe the easiest thing is just an example. Today I'm wearing Old Navy dark wash skinny jeans, a gray tank top with a few beads and lace at the top from Abercrombie kids (yes, Abercrombie kids) and a big, slouchy army green cardigan. All with my "renaissance festival boots," as my friend T called them.

3. What kind of car do you drive?
A Toyota FJ Cruiser. Y'all, I love that car. It has rubber floor mats you can just wash off with the hose when they get dirty. It's bright blue. It has giant mirrors that totally eliminate blind spots. It has a compass that I have never used but that looks cool. Also an incline meter. Makes me look like I'm the kind of person who hikes and camps and kayaks. Oh, illusions.

4. What would your dream home look like if you could have it (or already do!)?
Honestly, I feel like I have it now, but it is perhaps a little small (only 2 beds, 2 baths). So basically, I want my exact house, in its exact quiet, cute little neighborhood, with all of its closets and cabinet space, and its screen porch, with maybe a second story.

5. Do you have kids, and if so, how many and how old were you when you had them?
Lord, no. But I do have puppy fever. See my last post.

6. What is your favorite hobby?
Knitting. I never have enough time for it, but I love to do it while I watch tv or a movie on my couch. It's so fun to take some yarn and needles and actually make something out of it. Maybe I love baking for the same reason. It seems like magic.

7. Are you going to have any New Year’s resolutions for 2011?
Yes. The typical, work out more, stay healthier, blah blah. We'll see how that goes. But I do have a wedding dress to fit into, so it better go pretty well.

8. What is something, if anything, that you’d want to change about yourself?
I wish I was one of those people with just a touch of OCD that has to have everything cleaned out and organized and prepared all the time. I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, cram-that-junk-in-the-closet kind of girl. It can be very frustrating.

9. What is something that you love about yourself?
I am pretty darn loyal.

10. Pick one of the following: Someone to cook for you, someone to do your laundry, or someone to do your dishes.
I love to cook, I find it a lovely creative process. One which normally involves me messing up every dish and flat surface in the house. But fortunately, the rule at mi casa is if you cook, you don't clean up. And PB hates cooking,so he cleans up, and it works out great. So that's covered. But maybe you know of my laundry woes. Laundry is the bane of my existence and PB hates it too, so it's like the one thing that's always naggingly undone at my house. I really, really need a laundry elf.

Your turn!


Thanks to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for coming up with this! And to Walking with Nora for getting me into it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those boots; as in they are something I would like to own! I have two pairs similar to them but you can't have enough pairs of boots, can you!?