Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

As always, thanks to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting - and today's questions are by one of my very favorite bloggers, Nora from Walking with Nora!
1. What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day. Do you love it? Hate it?
I don't necessarily have strong feelings about it. I love pink, red, hearts, and glitter, so I always decorate for it, and my parents always get me something sweet {you can read about this year here}. But I don't like to put a lot of pressure on V-Day. We have Christmas, and then my birthday a month later, so I don't generally have a long wish list by February - maybe that's why I'm a no-pressure kind of girl when it comes to Valentine's Day.
2. What is your favorite romantic comedy?
Sweet Home Alabama
3. Meg Ryan & John Mellencamp: what’s your first reaction?
I don’t know the gossip here so my first reaction it this: (blank stare). {Same as Chelsea!}
4. All time favorite poem or quote?
Do song lyrics count? I love the lyrics to an old hymn my great-grandmother used to sing when she cleaned the house. It's called "Brighten the Corner" and it goes like this:
Do not wait until some deed of greatness you may do,
Do not wait to shed your light afar;
To the many duties ever near you now be true,
Brighten the corner where you are.
Brighten the corner where you are!
Brighten the corner where you are!
Someone far from harbor you may guide across the bar;
Brighten the corner where you are!



Just above are clouded skies that you may help to clear,
  1. Let not narrow self your way debar;
    Though into one heart alone may fall your song of cheer,
    Brighten the corner where you are.
  2. Here for all your talent you may surely find a need,
    Here reflect the bright and Morning Star;
    Even from your humble hand the Bread of Life may feed,
    Brighten the corner where you are.

5. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve gone without sleep? (like consecutive hours).
Gosh I know there have been times when I haven't slept in 24 hours, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened since middle/early high school sleepovers. I never felt the need to pull any all-nighters in college or even in law school. I just need sleep, so I always figured they'd be more counterproductive than helpful, even if I really did need to study more.
6. What color ink do you prefer to use?
Usually black - I'm obsessed with the Sharpie fine point pens.
7. Share with us a blog that you recently found and fell in love with (and link us!)
I've been loving Bicoastally lately - and Alisha & Brandon - she has her first photo shoot up today (with a cute baby!) Also, I almost forgot to tell you about J's Etsy Swap! I just started following her and love her blog, and it looks like her swap is going to be a ton of fun, so go sign up!
8. If you could be on a reality TV show which one would you choose?
I have seriously always wanted to be on Amazing Race. I think me and PB would be pretty good at it, for one, and mama needs a million dollars, but also, I've never had the chance to go to any other continent and I would LOVE to be able to travel like that and see everything those contestants see.
9. Mountains or Beach?
Mountains are fun, but I love the beach. Love love love the beach. Have serious beach fever right now, actually.
10. With the Oscars around the corner, what’s your pick for best picture?
It's so sad, my ADD kicks in after about an hour of any movie, and so I never go see any. I don't even know what's nominated. Pitiful.

4 comments:

Nora said...

I only know who is nominated for the Oscars cause my mom and I have a party for it every year and we challenge ourselves to see a lot of the movies... massive fail on that this year though! I'v eonly see a handful of them.

I love that you and PB would want to be on Amazing Race too :)

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!! Sweet Home Alabama!!!
and dont feel bad, i didnt know there was gossip about meg ryan and john melancamp either, i blame the cave i live in...

Meredith said...

@Nora - an Oscar party sounds like so much fun! I need to try to do better next year and see some good movies. Maybe if I bring knitting to the movie theater?

@jnyfritz - I seriously can't get enough of that movie, even though the fake Southern accents are pretty atrocious. It makes me want to go try the lightning/sand experiment every time I see it. And thanks for stopping by, I love having new faces over in my corner of the internet!

Anonymous said...

I don't really know what's nominated for the Oscars either and I don't know if I should be ashamed that I knew Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp were dating...