Monday, April 18, 2011

I cancelled Monday

This weekend, I'm pretty sure I was at the law school for 24 hours between Friday night and about 9:15 last night. Ordinarily, I'm there maybe 10 or 12 hours in a Monday to Friday week, so needless to say, I felt completely repulsed by that place when I got home last night.

I also felt like I needed a weekend. So what did I do? I went through the drive through at Arby's and ate what must have amounted to 3,000 calories and went to bed at 9:30. One of my prouder moments.

And today? The thought of going to the law school for any time at all just made me want to jump out a window. So I went for a run, and then I decided to come to the lake. Officially, I cancelled Monday and created my own weekend. My parents took off work to close on the new lake house (which happens to be next door to the old one, but has a ton more space.) I laid on the dock, hung out with Peggy Sue and my mom, and made a lot of progress on Important Literature on my Kindle.

And you will be happy to know that Peggy Sue is officially an Aquatic Weenie! She ditched the adorable pink life jacket and went swimming all by herself. The new policy regarding the lake is officially "Get all ducks at all costs. Or at least attempt to get all ducks.".

The best part of this post was really video evidence of such, but that'll have to wait. This blogging-from-the-iPhone thing is not without its flaws.

I hope you're having a great Monday too! And I'm probably canceling Tuesday too, so you'll have advance notice for tomorrow, in case you need to make lake/beach/pool plans. Tuesday is officially cancelled. Go forth, and have a wonderful mid-week weekend.

No comments: