Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

This week's questions are by Molly at Considering the Campbells, and thanks as always to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting!
1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
First let me say that I have been a terrible slacker in the blog world as a whole lately.  I've just been super busy, without internet at the lake, and a myriad of other things lately.  So my Google Reader looks like a bomb went off in it.  But those that I'm pretty good about keeping up with because I just love them would be:
Walking With NoraElefantitas AlegresOh Hay, It's KKKeep on the Sunny Side, and Bicoastally.  There are so many more, but those are generally the ones that get clicked through first on my Reader.  You know, when I'm actually keeping up, must get better at that. 
2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
I don't really like that term.  I feel like it's a third-grade "you hurt my feelings because I'm not your 'best' friend" kind of thing.  I do have several people in my life that I just love and could not live without!  They're all my best friends in different ways!

3. What’s your daily make up routine?

Bare minerals foundation in medium tan + 

Revlon colorstay eyeshadow in coffee bean + 

Bare minerals blush in Glee + 

Bare minerals illuminating mineral veil +

One of my mascaras from my Sephora mascara sampler that Mom got for me!  Love this thing, but I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to decide on my favorite.  So far, I think I've only had one brand that I didn't just love.

And no eyeliner required, because I have permanent eyeliner!  Now before you picture Tammy Faye:
I promise, mine really does look fine.  It looks like the super thin eyeliner I'd put on myself if I did it every day, except it's not smeared all over my face and crooked like it had a tendency to be when I did it.  So if you know of someone with a good reputation for permanent makeup - go for it!  It's amazing.

4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
Really anything!  As long as that anything involves some wine and/or beer and some delicious food.  I'm happy going out for Mexican or staying in, eating pizza, and watching a movie.
5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
Well, this shellac stuff has changed my life.  We're now at about a week and a half (it will be two weeks on Friday) and it's still holding strong.  My only teeny weeny complaint is that my nails grow super fast, so they are starting to pull up a tad toward my cuticles.  But still, it's really not noticeable, and nothing like the gross chips I'd have in a manicure at this point.  Seriously, I know 60% of the polish would be gone if it were regular nail polish.

6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
Doesn't everyone have a good roommate story?  I had a couple of different ones during college, and I have lots of stories, but I don't think the interwebs are ready for those.  Sorry, taking a pass on this one.
7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
Homeless chic.  Just kidding.  Sort of.  Really, I wear jeans, flip flops or TOMS, and a comfy solid t-shirt from Target or Old Navy more than anything.  Just plain, basic and comfy.  I'm not so fancy.
8. Do you have a beauty secret?
Goodness, no.  We're lucky if I get out of the house with makeup on a daily basis.  But if y'all have some I can adopt, feel free to share!
9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
Like it was a religious text.
10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
Um, I guess from my grandmother and mom?  Except when I first started "wearing makeup" in like 7th grade, all I wanted to do was buy the scented glitter gel from Candies and Lip Smackers and wear it as blush.  And when you try to go to school with sparkles all over your face, your Nana will tell you that you look like a two dollar hooker!  And in fairness, she's probably at least somewhat right.  Except two dollar hookers probably have better taste.

No comments: