Friday, April 8, 2011

Wine and Love

Nora over at Walking with Nora has started a new little series on her precious blog that she calls Wine and Love.  And she made a cute button!  So I thought I'd play along this week.  Because let's face it, What I'm Loving Wednesday is okay, but it doesn't leave me any room for whining, and I ain't no Pollyanna.


Things that have me diving into the wine cooler this week: 

Saturday is PB's birthday (okay that's not the part making me need a bucket of wine) - but he is the hardest person in the world to shop for.  And when I finally found him a good present (meaning a pair of Oakley sunglasses he's been wanting for awhile), he figured out the surprise!  Ugh, he's worse than a kid searching the closets for Christmas presents!

We had bad storms this week and power at the law school was out for two days.  That meant no class, woohoo!  But the only way the law school communicated with us was via Facebook.  And Wednesday, they cancelled classes, so I went on about my day.  When I checked Facebook again late Wednesday night, turns out they had changed their minds!  And reinstated classes!  Ridiculous.  But after all was said and done, attendance didn't count on Wednesday because of the "communication issues," so everything turned out happy.  But still.  Way to be professional, guys!

Pollen.  Pollen all over my porch furniture, pollen flying through the air, pollen in my nose, pollen everywhere.  Oh, spring.  I love you, but I hate the pollen you bring.


Things I'm loving this week!


That our wedding tree came!  We're going to display this at our wedding, put out green inkpads and pens for signing, and have people make fingerprint leaves as a sort of alternative way to have a guestbook.  And see the little birds on the bottom branch?  PB and I are going to put our fingerprints there in blue! 



That this is what the garden section at Wal-Mart looked like the other day.  I'm itching to plant a million pots - I really want impatiens and geraniums and basil and tomato plants!  I did pick up one of these sweet little yellow flowers in the blue bucket.  Only $7 and it's making my screened porch feel like spring!


I got Peggy Sue a life jacket yesterday!  Isn't she just the cutest little floating weenie you've ever seen?  I'm probably going to lower her off the edge of the dock and let her swim around and get acquainted with everything this weekend.  I've kind of shoved her off the steps near the edge of the water before, and she can definitely swim, but with the lifejacket on, I'll feel more comfortable putting her out further so that she can explore and get more used to the water.  I'm determined to have a completely aquatic weenie by summertime!


What are you loving this week?  What's got you reaching for the corkscrew? 

No comments: