Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

Thanks as always to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting - this week's questions were provided by Tabaitha at Keeping Up With the Kayes.  Clearly, Tabaitha has a much more interesting life than I do, because I had a REAL hard time answering these questions this week as I am the Least Interesting Person in the World.  Seriously y'all, I've been dating/engaged to the same guy since high school.  I don't have a lot to say about dating.  But since I love Ten on Tuesday, and I don't want to skip this week, I'm going to give it a shot.
1. What is your ideal best date? 
Really just getting something for dinner, maybe Carrabba's.  Yes, Carrabba's.  Pasta and sangria, please.  It's easy to make me happy.
2. How long does it take you to get ready to go on a date?
Including the shower? An hour, maybe 45 minutes if I don't spend a lot of time drying my hair.
3. What would you wear on the date?
In the winter, maybe jeans, boots, and a sweater.  Nothing too fancy.  In the summer, probably a comfy cotton dress and some cute flat sandals.
4. If you are married, how often do you go on dates? If you are single, when was your last date?
We really never go out alone.  Normally, we're hanging out with friends or doing something with one of our families, and I'm cool with that - we like hanging out with other folks.  The last time we went out, just the two of us was the day before Valentine's day.  Seriously!
5. What was your worst date?
Uhhh....can't think of one.  
6. Do you/Did you kiss on your first date?
No, I never did, even with PB. 
7. If married, how long before you knew he/she was the one? If single, how long before you know if the person is marriage material?
Oh gah, really really having a hard time answering these questions today.  I'd always had a crush on PB like I seriously hadn't had on anyone else.  I'm talking about since we were like eight.  Creepy, I know.  But when we got together, I really didn't want to admit that I felt that way because I figured he'd end up breaking up with me and I'd be a sad panda forever.  Glad it didn't work out that way. 
8. Do you prefer day dates or night dates?
I guess I'm calling "dates" things that just me and PB do, all by ourselves.  Because otherwise it's just hanging out (though I also love that).  So when it comes to a "date," I like night dates.  When it comes to hanging out, I'll generally take daytime, like sledding with our friends, or hanging out at the lake, or hanging out at the beach or whatever.  
9. How old were you when you first were allowed to date?
I think 15 for "alone" dates.  Ehh I don't know, it wasn't a hard and fast rule, I don't really remember.  See, I suck at these questions.
10. What is the most embarrassing moment you have had on a date?
When PB and I went to senior prom, we went out to a really fancy dinner beforehand.  Seriously, like steak and lobster.  And then I got really sick at prom.  Like in a bathroom stall, in my big poofy dress, sick in every way you could imagine.  That is not an easy fate to handle in a giant dress.  Also people thought I was drunk, which really upped my street cred, bahaha.  Though I wasn't - just sick for like two hours of prom.  Embarrassing times.

No comments: