Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

As always, muchas gracias to Chelsea at Roots and Rings for hosting!  And this week's questions come to you courtesy of Lisa at Lisa's Yarns!  Also, they're brought to you by the letter A!  Okay, maybe they're not, but that was a fun Sesame Street throwback.


1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation?
Well, I don't work, because I'm a bum.  But I'm finishing school and I drive about 40 minutes each way to get there.  Public transit just isn't a realistic option to get there from where I live, and at any rate, public transit around here is RULL SCARY.  I like the concept, and taking the metro in DC is all kinds of handy for a night out, but I just don't know that it'll be an option around these parts in my lifetime.  Really, I'm okay with that.  Driving is fun sometimes.

2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time?
When it was shorter, I used to get it cut every six weeks or so.  Now that I'm growing it out for the wedding, it's more like two or three times a year.  You'd think I'd look like Rapunzel by now, but we're only about bra-strap length.  It'll get there.  And no, I don't go to the same person every time.  I generally go to the same salon, but all I ever want is a split end trim and a shape up, and I always make the appointment when my hair is super gross and I've become desperate to deal with it right-this-second, so I'll take an appointment with anyone.

3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version?
It's funny, I used to be a news junkie.  In college, I had CNN on when I got ready in the morning, CNN on when I ran on the treadmill, the local news on at night before bed.  All sorts of news sites were on my bookmarks bar.  I picked up a hardy copy of the Daily Tar Heel every single day and even wrote for it for awhile.  Now?  I might have the evening news on as background noise while I'm cooking dinner.  It's pitiful, I should care more.  But mostly?  The news just makes me sad nowadays and I've become an incredible cynic, which means the issues I used to really care about don't mean as much to me anymore.  Guess it's a product of law school.  And another reason I believe law school probably makes you a worse person than you were before you went.  Selfish alert!

4. What is the best book you have read this year?
Jane Eyre.  Couldn't believe I'd never read it before.  It's just beautifully written, I couldn't quit using the highlight function on my Kindle.

5. What is the best movie you have seen this year?
The Adjustment Bureau. Oh wait, that's probably the only movie I've seen this year that hasn't been something random on Netflix Instant.  But seriously, it might make into my list of favorite movies.  Awesome concept.

6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods?
What food don't I crave?  I suppose sweet a tad more so than salty.  Mainly due to my dear sweet love of Little Debbie Snack Cakes and birthday cake (might have eaten a huge chunk of PB's birthday cake for my breakfast this morning).  Oh but wait, that would exclude tater tots.  And buffalo wings.  And tacos.  And falafel.  All of which I'm craving right now.  So the answer is, both.  Definitely both.

7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have?
Well, I just confessed that I ate birthday cake for breakfast this morning.  Shame.  For the past two weeks, I ate some variety of eggs what with that low-carb nonsense.  My favorite breakfast besides birthday cake has got to be a pimento cheese omelette.  If you've never had pimento cheese in your omelette or scrambled eggs, you must!  I command it!  It's delicious!

8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to?
Chocolate covered Peeps.  I haven't had any yet, but they look amazing.  Also, I love love love dying Easter eggs.  Though everyone says I'm no fun because I don't let anyone use the wax crayon or the stickers or try to "tie-dye" an egg.  I like all the eggs to be uniform.  And then I have a hierarchy for consuming said eggs, and it starts with the ugliest egg and progresses to the prettiest.  I have problems, okay?

9. How late is “sleeping in” to you?
Hmm, couldn't tell you the last time I've slept past 10:30 or so.  I really hate sleeping any later than that, it makes me feel like I've wasted the whole day and that I'm becoming a vampire or a possum, or some other unseemly nocturnal animal.  Yuck.

10. Where are you going on your next vacation?
Doubt I'll get to go anywhere before Disney World, not even the beach, because I have to study for the stupid bar.  Stupid, stupid bar.  Also because vacations are expensivo and I'm getting married, yo.  We might do a girls' bachelorette weekend or some such between the bar and Disney, but we'll see.  So basically the plan is - save up all my vacation energy and money and then blow it out at Disney come September.

No comments: